beat box workshop SIGN UP
The Beatbox workshop is a fun day! We cover the topics of Beat Boxing, touching on the Music Technology behind the art.
Your tutor for the day is Michael Bradshaw (Mic B Sounds - Beatbox wizard) with support at hand from Dave Holmes (Music Technologist and Brazilian Music specialist).
As an attendee of a Soul Tonic workshop, you will also receive a discount on one of our future courses, such as our Ableton Live (Music Software) Workshop.
The Beatbox workshop lasts 6 hours, 10am to 4pm, which includes a 1 hour lunch break in between.
Beatboxing has developed enormously over the last decade or so. The boundaries are constantly being pushed and music technology, and its use, is evolving.
In just 5 hours of the workshop, we will take you from the basics of beatboxing, right through to practical group collaborations, a group recording using the latest Audio software and, if you wish to participate, a short final performance via a livestream!
Ways Beatboxing can help you.
- Vocalise what's in your mind to compose tracks or demonstrate your musical ideas to others, wherever you are, with no equipment required.
- Take your beatboxing to the next level using loopers and Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) to create your own music releases. Artists such as Beardyman and ThePeteBox have built careers out of their music with entertaining performances in clubs, theatres and at other music & corporate events around the world.
- Without the restrictions of physical equipment to contend with, your thoughts are free to flow and your own musicality can be pushed to the extremes.
- Enhance a drama performance or your singing capabilities with some added beatbox elements. Perhaps you will even form the bedrock of your band, holding down the drum parts with just a microphone in your hand.
- You may want to use it as a fun way to entertain yourself, or to impress your mates with a party piece that will stay in their memories and be pretty hard to follow!
Some aspects covered in the course:
- Types of sounds - Vocalisation, non-Vocalisation, oscillation.
- Rhythms - Simple and more complex rhythms, Groove.
- Equipment - microphones and cables.
- Group Exercises.
- Practical recording exercise, recording into Ableton Live
- Live streaming platforms explained and a short live performance.
- Future progression, development and course offers
The usual location in is:
The Practice Roomz,
Unit 6, Pond Close Ind Est,
SG1 3QP, UK.
Google Maps link
The facility is very close to Stevenage Old Town's High Street which has plenty of shops and a mini supermarket.
Another 10 minute walk will get you into town, where there is a large supermarket with access into the New Town shops and facilities, including trains which go straight to London.
Other locations will be made available depending on the locality of attendees.
The workshop will be £40.
A discounted earlybird option will be made available once the course dates are set.
If you would like to attend, you can purchase workshop places via the 'Pay Now' button, with instructions on how to pay via Bank transfer or Paypal.
Once you have paid, please register your details via the form below telling us that you wish to attend the BEATBOX workshop and we'll get in touch to arrange everything with you. If you have any questions you can contact us and we'll get back to you: help@SoulTonic.org
Follow the link below for full terms and conditions.
The Soul Tonic Team.
All attendees will receive a certificate of participation for the level 1 workshop and a discount on the Level 2 workshop, along with other offers on products available from Soul Tonic and Partners.
There will be a music technology element in the second part of the Level 1 workshop, using Ableton Live Music Production Software to record a final group piece at the end of the day, which you could take away with you as an Mp3, and a short 5 minute performance streamed live on the internet if you wish to take part.
No equipment is required, as all will be provided for you. If you wish to bring your own equipment along, such as microphone, laptop and interface, you may.
The course is run by Soul Tonic Limited (UK Company number: 09932833) , and your highly experienced tutors will be:
UK Beatboxer - Michael Bradshaw 'Micbsounds'
10 Years Beatbox Experience
UK Beatbox Championships Solo and Team contender.
Performed and collaborated with artists such as:
DJ Richie Don and MC Stallion
Professor Elemental - Live Beatbox and "Chap hop Rap" collaboration with one of the funniest live artists on the music scene.
4 years of stage performances at the UK largest car shows - Ultimate Street Car, Fast Show, Players, Performance Vauxhall and Modified Nationals.
Beatboxer for Spacegoat - 5 Years live performances.
Percussionist in Brazilian Samba groups Toque Tambor, Ziriguidum, Nova Guarda and Arco Iris.
Videos below: Mic B supplying all the drum parts for UK band Spacegoat.
Ableton Live Component
Founder and Director of Soul Tonic
Cosmic Core Initiator, Director & Producer under the alias 'Damon Breakz'
Bossa Nova artist (Born To Bossa volumes, originals and Euro tours)
Percussionist in Samba Groups Toque Tambor and Ziriguidum
Alumni of Alchemea Recording and Production courses
Alumni of Chichester College of Arts, Science & Tech - BTec ND Popular Music.
Remix programming credits for Simple Minds on EMI Crysalis Records.
Please leave your phone number and any questions, and we'll get back to you.
The Soul Tonic Team
Below image: Previous Course ad
+44 (0)790 503 89 57
WORKSHOPS WILL take place in 'THE PRACTICE ROOMZ' STEVENAGE, HERTS, UK., JUST 25 - 30 MINUTES FROM LONDON KINGS CROSS STATION.